Saturday, April 10, 2010

Revit and AutoCAD 2011 Product Launches

Man...Greg Arkin beat me to the punch...I'm gettin' slow...

2011 products are going to be available for download April 16th. ATC sites and resellers can already download Arch and Struct products, but they'll all be available next week. Look for a 2.5-2.7gb download, so plan on doing it off-hours.

AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based vertical products such as AutoCAD Architecture and MEP are already available through your subscription center. Pay attention and make sure you grab the right OS version (32 vs. 64-bit). I also got a message that the AutoCAD MEP install failed when running it under Win 7 64-bit, but I think it was an error. AutoCAD MEP ships as an EXE and associated compressed .RAR file, which I think confused Win7. I just ignored the message, ran Setup.exe, chose Custom for my install type so I could add express tools, then ran the install - so far, so good.

Pay attention, and get ready...!!!

David B.

No comments: